Planning this year’s Super Bowl party at your apartment in Blacksburg, VA? A super bowl party is as much about the food as the football. Pick some great recipes that represent the two teams represented in the game.
New England and Seattle will be facing off in the Super Bowl. If you want to be adventurous, here are some Super Bowl Party recipes that represent both regions.
Lobster Nachos from New England
- 1 13.5-ounce bag of white or red corn tortilla chips
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 4-ounce cans baby shrimp, drained (I used BumbleBee Premium Select Tiny Shrimp)
- 8-14 ounces of cooked lobster meat
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 16-ounce jar of salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer tortilla chips in a 13"x9"x2" baking dish.
- Blend cheeses. Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture and tomatoes over tortilla chips.
- Melt butter in large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion to pan and sauté until onions are tender, approximately two minutes.
- Add shrimp and lobster meat and heat until warm, about three minutes.
- Drain and layer warm seafood mixture on top of nachos.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with scallions and dollops of sour cream. Serve hot with salsa on the side.
Serving Suggestion: Wash these Lobster Nachos down with Shipyard Export Ale, which is brewed in Portland, Maine, and available throughout the U.S.
Smoked Salmon Dip
If you don’t care for hot pepper sauce, omit that ingredient. Chives are a fine substitution for the green onion. Serve this with your favorite cracker, toast points or pumpernickel cocktail rye bread.
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz. smoked salmon, chopped
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill weed
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onion
In a medium bowl, stir cream cheese until it is no longer in a hard form. Add salmon, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, dill and onion; mix well. Serve.
Sources: allrecipes.com, Abouttravel