It is the season for holiday parties. Inevitably you will end up with a stain on the carpet in your apartment in Blacksburg, VA. Here are a few hints on how to remove some of the most common stains from your carpet and furntiture.
- To mask the damage, snip off the darkened fiber ends.
- Blot the area with a solution of 1 tsp detergent and 1 tsp vinegar in a quart of warm water.
- Gently blot with dry-cleaning solution
- Rinse with a solution of 1T ammonia in a cup of water.
- Animal Stains & Fruit Juices
- If the stain is stil wet, try repeatedly sponging with lukewarm water.
- Blot dry and treat with a solution of 1 tsp detergent and 1 tsp vinegar in a quart of warm water. After waiting 15 minutes blot again and sponge with clean water.
- Blot the spill with paper towels or a clean cloth.
- Combine 1t carpet shampoo (or dish soap) and 1C hydrogen peroxide. Soak a clean sponge in the mixture, squeeze it halfway dry, then gently blot the stain. Continue until the stain lifts.
- Sponge the stained area with warm water.
- Blot dry with a clean cloth or paper towels.
Have fun at your party, and good luck with the stains!