If you can’t wait for winter to end, it may be hard to believe that spring will arrive — but it’s actually right around the corner and closer than you think.
Of course, besides spring cleaning, there are other ways you can start prepping for spring and making your college apartment in Blacksburg, VA feel less wintry. Here are some tips on how to freshen up your home for spring.
1. Change Up Your Decor. Even if your decor isn’t particularly wintry, changing it will still help you freshen up your apartment for spring. Consider adding some lighter colored artwork or more floral and bright colored photographs to your living space to infuse it with a spring like feeling.
2. Add Green to Your Home. When you think of spring, you think of flowers and greenery, right? Well, a perfect way to freshen up your student rentals for spring is to bring spring into your home. Buy yourself some plants, fresh flowers, or a few types of herbs to brighten up and add some spring to your apartment. Not only will you get your home to look springy, but you’ll also bring in the scents of spring — even if it still looks like winter outside. Be sure to place plants by a window or somewhere they can get sunlight and water them as needed.
3. Swap Your Bedding. You may not have more than one set of bedding in your apartment or house but investing in some new bedding for spring isn’t too costly — especially if you’ve already got sheet sets to match. Colorful, new bedding can really brighten up your room and mood and get you into the spring state of mind.
Your winter bedding — which may be a darker color, heavy, or flannel — can be put away. Consider buying floral designs or other bright colors that make you think of spring and which will liven up your room for the season.
4. Bring In Some New Accessories. If you don’t want to do an overhaul of your bedding or decor, you can still bring some spring awakening to your apartment or house by bringing in some new accessories. New brightly colored pillows or towels can bring some pop to your home and make it more cheerful and vibrant. You can also put away your heavier throw blankets and add some other fun accents to liven up your rooms.
5. Move Around Your Furniture. After living in one place for a while, sometimes it feels good to turn it on its head. Rearranging some furniture in your room can give your place a face-lift and you a fresh perspective.
Moving things around can also help you open up your living space so your rooms seem less crowded and more open. You may find that your desk is better suited to facing the window for more light or that your living room couch would be better against the wall at an angle to the TV. Whatever way you move around your furniture, you’ll be getting into the spring mindset — and as long as you’re moving things around, you could do a bit of spring cleaning, too.
6. De-clutter Your Space. You’d be surprised how much airier, cleaner, and more springy your apartment will feel when there’s less clutter around the place. Your kitchen counters don’t need to be littered with mail, bills, and assorted books, as well as your kitchen appliances.
Organize and put away papers, kitchen items, and bathroom toiletries so your counters and rooms seem less cluttered — it’ll help you get a head start on your spring cleaning and make your home seem neater.
Use these six tips to start freshening up your college student apartments for spring — because no winter lasts forever and it’s never too early to start getting into a springy mood and mindset!