St. Patrick’s Day is fast approaching, are you having a “luck of the Irish” party in your apartment in Blacksburg, VA? If so, your St. Patrick’s Day menu needs to be easy so you can entertain and enjoy, and it needs to be totally Irish. St. Patrick’s Day is a great excuse to have a party, here is a great appetizer idea. Best yet, you get to cook it in a slow cooker which gives you more time to get ready to party!
First go out and get the (green) beer, green beads and some fun leprechaun hats. Download some Irish music, and grab some gold foil covered chocolate coins to toss around your apartment home.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Corned Beef
- 4 packages (2 ounces each) thinly sliced deli corned beef, finely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Rye bread or crackers
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or until cheese is melted; stir until blended. Serve warm with bread or crackers. Yield: about 4 cups.
- For an extra fun Irish touch, use a shamrock cookie cutter and cut shamrocks shapes out of bread. Lightly brush with olive oil and broil lightly for Shamrock shaped toast points to serve with this delicious dip.
Recipe - Taste of Home