Regardless of if you celebrate Easter or Passover, Hot Crossed Buns are a great and delicious way to celebrate spring in your apartment in Blacksburg, VA.
Here is an easy and delicious hot cross buns recipe. You will be so happy you decided to give this a try. Enjoy!
Hot Crossed Buns
- 3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon instant powdered milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup dried currants
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Put warm water, butter, skim milk powder, 1/4 cup sugar, salt, egg, egg white, flour, and yeast in bread maker and start on dough program.
- When 5 minutes of kneading are left, add currants and cinnamon. Leave in machine till double.
- Punch down on floured surface, cover, and let rest 10 minutes.
- Shape into 12 balls and place in a greased 9 x 12 inch pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place till double, about 35-40 minutes.
- Mix egg yolk and 2 tablespoons water. Brush on balls.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.
- To make crosses: mix together confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and milk. Brush an X on each cooled bun.
Image and recipe - All Recipes